Wednesday 25 February 2015

Lagos State


My Short Trip to the Place of Fortune


Am a big fan of water but have never summoned the courage to enter a giant wooden something that floats on water before "boat" somehow because of its obvious disadvantages of course, but let's say my curiosity about this beautiful Island in Osolu Kingdom, Irewe village actually got the better of me and i let myself get talked into going somewhere where the only means of transportation is via water.


Irewe village is under Ojo Local Government in Lagos state. P.s You know i cant talk about Lagos state with one blog post so pardon me to take it in bits. Irewe means "The Place of  Fortune" The people of Irewe are Aworis of Yoruba Nation and the main dialect is Awori. They have the same culture as other Yoruba people anywhere in the country.
Beautiful Scenery

Favorite pictures of all time



Irewe people are mostly farmers and fishermen, and the women are mat weavers and petty traders their main agricultural products are coconuts. 
Irawe Village
 There are very large coconut plantations belonging to individual farmers on Osolu land, i swear everywhere you turn there is a coconut tree.lol
Coconut! Coconut and more coconuts
 


Ok seriously have you ever seen people eating Eba (yellow color eba apparently prepared with dry pepper) and boiled crab water before? I did ooo and i took pictures too. They claimed its delicious but errrrr i think i ll pass, i did taste the crab tho, it tastes amazing like a better version of boiled fish.
Come and eat.......Nice men

Some men using manual dredger to do some hard labour
                                        
These Island i heard is surrounded by almost four beautiful beaches, its an investor dream really, the first money "We" make is going into a beach house here...lol.kidding probably a better camera first. 
awwwwwww
                                         


The Kids


I have a feeling am forgetting something. errrrrrrrrrr Oh yes am definitely spending my Easter break here, because i didn't get a chance to visit these exquisite beaches but i will then and if i feel nice i will  upload the pictures. I also heard a rumour that the Oba "HRH King Abideen is building a fine a** hotel before then,  so hopefully it would have been completed.
The only car i saw in the village, it belongs to the Oba

The Palace.
 Special thanks to my host The King, The Princess and My Prince... Oh and that nice man that gave me crab to taste for the first time in my life and to the boat driver that took me to&fro without turning my wahala head inside the water. (despite his instruction not to move around so much in the boat for proper balance, had to take pictures nawww so i moved like 1million times) 
Ajala the Traveler


I call this place Nigeria Hawaii, It's beautiful, calm and there are beaches and  coconuts.lol

Photo credits:Mobakareillustra photography
Follow us on Instagram: @mobakareillustraa
Thanks!

19 comments:

  1. Yaay! First to comment.
    Lovely scenario.
    i love the fish
    I was still discussing about the eba prepared with crab water with my hubby.thiss food is mostly eaten by lagosians.i am proud to a lagosians.
    I love crab,i take it as snacks.
    I love the palm fond.
    I remembered when I ferry across the rive during my NYSC days.lovely memoirs.
    Good. Work. There missy!

    Bolateethole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful beautiful piece. The presentation is awesome and I must confess I got lost in the serenity for the period of reading it. Thanks for bringing different locations to us through our phones. Way to go girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading hun....it's my pleasure really

      Delete
  3. Now I know something about Awori please come and take me there lol just kidding am scared of boats. Lovely piece welldone Modupe Bakare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. We wee go dia togeda by fire by force. U ve get over ur fears. Thanks bae

      Delete
  4. Seriously. ...just one care....even me that I gre up in lagos.....I dunno anything about that place u know......lovely......am impressed and proud of you......what do u call? ....when ur own concept of doint photography is discovery and getting to tell us about things we have no or lil idea about. .....God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.... Lovely piece.. I op we gonna go dere tgeda afta d Oba finishes his hotel..Oba's car thou *lol* and dat crab thingy 😁 *want to eat*.... More grease to yur elbow dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't try the Oba ooo. He has boats of different sizes nd shapes. Its not convenient getting a car over d water I guess. Lol. I ll take u dont worry

      Delete
  6. Fine fine pinsures

    I see fishhhhhhhhhhhhh

    I have big dread for water lolz

    Ajala I see you too, this travelling thing go expose you to orisirisi food then you will automatically be Orobo!!!! Lol

    Welldone dear

    Chincobee in the house

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orobo correct Africa woman loading. Lol. Sorry bou ur dread for water. U should try to overcome it tho. It was not as bad as I tot

      Delete
  7. The car doesn't go with d fine palace. lovely post, will be reading your other posts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post. Couldn't help but notice the beautiful ladies that commented also. I look am finish....lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is truly another fine blog dear sister... well done... the pictures are really awesome and d simple details about the town give readers more insight about the people more than u can ever imagine... I will definitely like to experience boat trip again too... I'm available whenever u have info on d hotel completion. Thanks @mobakareillustraa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool. Love the location.

    www.mavinmis.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow is this part of the sure-p programm of the federal government

    pls follow me www.braveheartnaija.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

View and Edit